Sunday 3 July 2016

Notes from the game: 2016 Round 14 Fremantle

[In case you are wondering, round 13 was a bye.]

In a mistake-riddled game, Freo contrives to lose to Collingwood.



I'll admit to a certain amount of hyperbole when I wrote after the Melbourne game that I had lost my will to live. I have, however, lost my will to write about Collingwood's games.

When both teams are making so many mistakes, it's like watching a train wreck. Perhaps there's some fascination in waiting to learn the outcome, but this concept is totally lost on me. It's more like waiting for a merciful end.

I usually try to avoid reading anything about a game until I have written my own thoughts. However, I've been so uninterested in writing anything, that much time has passed. I've heard many comments about the game; quite a few have remarked on how well Collingwood played. I can't believe these people have seen any footy this year, or ever. Apparently Mark Maclure said that Collingwood converted an 80-point win into a 48-point win with their wayward shooting. I think that was a reasonable observation.

So that's it, I think: a dismal performance trumped by a vastly more dismal performance. Look away now.

No comments:

Post a Comment